Sunday 12 May 2013

Ramzan Specialities:Golden Fried Prawns..My Style!!

Ramzan is just 2 months away and so I thought I would put the recipes for the dishes we make during Ramzan.  This is one of my favorite foods and I make this quite regularly during Ramzan and other times too.  Whenever I make this dish, it brings to mind what my 4-year-old niece said after tasting it..."Maasi, aap to bada mazedaar khana banate hain..mere mooh to paani aata hai".













Ingredients:
1/2 kg prawns (30 nos)
1/2 tsp ajinomoto
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp ginger garlic paste
1/4 tsp salt

For the batter:
2 tbsp corn flour
1 tbsp maida
1/4 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp red chilli powder
1/4 tsp chicken kabab masala
1 pinch cooking soda
salt
2 tsp oil

Oil for frying.

Method:

  • Marinate the prawns with the ajinomoto, black pepper, ginger-garlic paste, and salt for 30 minutes.
  • Make a batter of a pouring consistency with all the said batter ingredients.
  • Heat oil in a kadai and lower the flame to medium.
  • Dip the prawns in the batter and fry till golden brown in color.
  • Serve hot.

2 comments:

  1. Tried this recipe and it was absolutely amazing.God bless u.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amanda..I love them too!!

    ReplyDelete